www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from onlyasampo. Make your own badge here.

Two boys and knits

Kids, cloth diapering, quilting, knitting, me, recipes, Maine...

Friday, February 03, 2006

Doncha care? Doncha even CARE?

Believe it or not, THIS is the best picture I could get. This is "Legends of the Shetland Seas," by Blackberry Ridge Woolen Mill. She's knit up on size 2 straights- she insists on straight needles.
I started her for mom in December. Tony took one needle and broke it, and yanked the other out of the project. And then he thought he'd tear my everlasting soul to shreds by... brace yourselves... pulling the string and wrapping it around the chair. Clearly we need to sit down and discuss this. But here is most of the shawl, waiting patiently for me to finish her, which I will do this weekend when I remember to unpack my knitting needles.

A close-up of the stitches, colored, against the backdrop of the living room carpet:

It'll look better when it's finished, washed, and blocked, I promise. This is how much I have done, with the pin cushion for scale:


==========
But in the meantime, I have this darling to work on:

THIS is 100% Baby Camel yarn, and it is delicious with which to knit. I'm making a surprise scarf for someone. This is a simple lace pattern, probably done a hundred times in different arrangements, and it's almost mindless. Perfect for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home